- [Notice] Brill Publishing Seminar
- 첨부파일 [poster] BRILL publishing seminar.pdf
- Date2017-09-19 15:36:37
CORE project office will hold a special open seminar to provide information about academic publishing process and its potentiality.
The academic publishing seminar “How to get Your Research Published Internationally” is an introduction into academic publishing: the process as well as the impact. This seminar forms a good opportunity for those at different stages in their academic career (junior, mid-career to senior) to hear directly from an academic publisher what they are looking for and how the publication process, selection and peer review are conducted. This seminar will specifically focus on the HSS and Phd Students, as well as junior and senior academics are encouraged to attend. There will be ample time for Q&A and also an opportunity to discuss your individual research interests and queries with the Brill representative.
We would like to ask for the participation of all interested professors and graduate students.
◎ Title: “How to get Your Research Published Internationally: Tips & Tricks from an Academic Publisher”
◎ Speaker: Mrs. Liesbeth Kanis (Managing Director, BrillAsia)
◎ Date and Time: Tuesday, September 12th, from 1 PM to 3 PM
◎ Place: College of Humanities, Building #14 Room 610
※ MAIN CONTENTS
- Introduction to Academic Publishing with inside Tips & Tricks from an academic publisher
- Focused on academics, faculty and PhD students in the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Meet & Greet with an internationally renowned academic publisher
- Focus on books and journals (articles)
- How to turn your PhD into a publication
- The dilemma: publish journal articles or books?
- Where does Open Access come in?
- What about peer review and quality control?
- How to select a publisher / journal / book series and what to look out for
- Once your publication is out what happens next?
※ ABOU BRILL
Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, Brill is a leading international academic publisher in the Humanities, Social Sciences and International Law. With offices in Leiden, Boston and Singapore, Brill publishes 265 journals and a 1000 new books and reference works each year in print and online. Brill also markets a large number of primary source research collections and databases. The company’s key customers are academic and research institutions, libraries, and scholars. Brill is a publicly traded company and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV. Brill Asia Pte Ltd in Singapore is its subsidiary. For more information visit www.brill.com