- College of Humanities CORE Program News for August 13th, 2018
- Date2018-08-13 15:00:35
College of Humanities CORE Program News for August 13, 2018
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
1. Site inspection of working expenses for the research foundation and Ministry of Education for the second school year of CORE will be as follows.
A. Inspection schedule: August 14, 2018 (Tuesday) SNU site inspection (all inspections: July 31 ~ August 31, 2018)
B. Organization of inspection’s members: research foundation’s team leader and the person in charge, the accountant, etc. at least 5 people (The officer in charge of the Ministry of Education’s scholarship promotion will attend as necessary)
C. Major aspects of inspection: detail check of the use of working expenses, inspection of provisions of academic support fund, management system, school system improvements, and the establishment and reform of related regulations for the second school year (2017)
D. Method of inspection:
- the inspector and target of inspections (respondent) meet for Q&A regarding details of the site inspection
- preparation of answers for Humanities’ working expenses and the main use of university headquarters’ expenses
2. In order to foster sustainable development and the next generation of academics in humanities, this fall semester (2018) CORE will provide a support fund for select candidates who fit the criteria listed below.
A. Target for Support
1) CORE bachelors program: students enrolled in masters programs in the humanities (including students who have completed more than 66 credits and students planning on returning to school) who plan to enter the graduate school of humanities within four semesters
※ students who have received this support fund in the past must re-apply
※ students who do not enter graduate school and students who do not complete their programs must return the support fund
2) CORE masters program: students enrolled in a masters program for the 2018 fall semester (registered students)
B. Candidates and support amount: at least 00 students from both the CORE bachelor and masters programs (800,000KRW support per month)
※ The number of people to receive support may be adjusted according to the bachelors/masters selection ratio rules and available funds of the research foundation
C. Application and Recommendation (refer to the department’s official document)
1) Student application: bring the application documents to your department and apply according to the cooperation process
2) Department recommendation
- Recommendation deadline: August 17, 2018 (Friday) by 6:00 pm
- Method of recommendation: submit the individual application documents and departmental recommendation list as official documents
3. We are currently accepting applications for CORE joint and interdisciplinary majors and research labs to receive support in hosting international seminars in the fall semester of 2018.
A. Purpose of the project: to expedite international academic exchange for departments participating in joint and interdisciplinary majors and related research labs, to provide the opportunity to stimulate professors’ research and academic activities, and to encourage vitalization of joint and interdisciplinary majors by supporting the hosting of symposiums.
B. Target for support: joint major (Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities) and interdisciplinary majors (Classics and Philosophy, Data Science in Humanities, Political and Economic Philosophy) and related research labs supervising international conferences.
C. Financial support: total of no more than 30 million KRW (※ distributed according to results of application and selection)
D. Application period: July 23, 2018 (Monday) - August 17, 2018 (Friday)
E. Hosting period: September 3, 2018 (Monday) - December 28, 2018 (Friday)
Contact information: CORE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Published by the CORE Project (email@example.com)