- College of Humanities CORE Program News for July 2nd, 2018
- Date2018-07-02 19:48:14
College of Humanities CORE Program News for July 2nd, 2018
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
1. Plans for the College of Humanities CORE Mutual Exchange Lecture Program are currently being put into motion. A survey has been sent to each department to determine demand for lectures. Your interest and participation is appreciated.
A. Implementation: Lectures will be presented as special lectures, and will not count towards attendees total credit hours. Each department will propose approximately 5 or more guest lectures
- One-time lectures are discouraged while 3-4 lectures on a subject are encouraged
- Participation by both university members and local residents is encouraged
- Collaboration with the Humanities Korea Project’s Regional Humanities Center, local government agencies, and the Metropolitan and Provincial Offices of Education, is encouraged.
B. The current deployment of lecture staff for each department has been completed for each of the 19 participating universities.
C. Survey submission deadline: 17:00, Wednesday, July 4th, 2018
D. The final schedule of lectures to be provided to and offered by each participating university will be determined based on the results of the survey.
2. The SNU College of Humanities is scheduled to hold the first CORE Project academic conference of 2018. We are looking for leaders that can guide students of various majors within the college of humanities so as to maximize their opportunity for academic discourse and exchange.
A. Target Applicants: Students enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program in the college of humanities
B. Number of presenters: 4-8 presenters are scheduled to be selected
C. Application Period: Monday, July 2nd to Friday, July 13th, 2018.
D. Application Materials: The application form (available at the CORE Project homepage) and the paper abstract (one copy each)
E. Submission: Please e-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
F. Scheduled Date: Friday, August 31st, 2018
3. Students selected to participate in the CORE Domestic Internship program will begin their work as interns starting this week.
A. Target Students: Students enrolled in or entering a major in the College of Humanities or registered in or entering an interdisciplinary or joint major program connected to the CORE program
B. Work Period: July to August of 2018, approximately two months depending on the position
Published by the CORE Project (email@example.com)