- College of Humanites CORE Program News for February 12th, 2018
- Date2018-03-22 15:34:17
College of Humanities CORE Program News for February 12th, 2018
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
1. Recipients of the CORE Scholarship for the spring semester of 2018 have been selected. The final amount of selected applicants may change according to whether or not a selected applicant has been chosen to receive other scholarships over the spring semester.
- Number of selected applicants: 82 undergraduates, 74 master’s degree students
2. A guest lecture from a distinguished scholar is to be hosted by the Data Science for Humanities interdisciplinary program. Mr. Lim is an aesthetics graduate now working in the data processing field. Your interest and participation is appreciated.
- Topic: Data and Baseball
- Lecturer: Seon-nam Lim (NC Dinos Data Team Leader)
- Date: Wednesday, February 21st, 2018 at 13:00
- Location: Building 14, Room #610
3. The overseas on-site education in New York (1/29~2/3) has concluded successfully. A detailed final report on the event will be completed in within two weeks.
- Significant events
▷ Institutions Visited: UN, VR World, NYU Center for Data Science, Google, Columbia University, Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator, KITA and others
▷ Special Lectures : Lectures from members of important institutions dealing with US politics, economics and information technology
Nam-seok Kim(UN Economic Officer) / Peter Hwang(Snowden Lane Partners) / Kathryn Harrigan(Columbia University) / Dong-ji Moon (Moonlight Partners) /
Murat Aktihanoglu (Entrepreneurs Roundtable Accelerator) / Edward Braunstein (Member of the New York House of Representatives)/
prof. Kyunghyun Jo (NYU Center for Data Science) /Sam Bowman (NYU Center for Data Science) and others
Published by the CORE Project (email@example.com)