College of Humanities CORE Program News for January 8th, 2018
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
1. In order to make use of unutilized funds allotted by the 2017 budget for domestic guest lectures, we are currently requesting applications for aid from departments scheduling special lectures during the winter vacation period (January to mid-February). Speakers not affiliated with SNU and professors from departments outside of the Humanities are eligible. (※ SNU Humanities professors are not covered under this provision of the budget.)
2. A meeting to determine participants in the overseas on-site education to be held in New York by the Data Science for Humanities and the Philosophy, Politics, and Economics programs, has been scheduled.
- Date: 3:30 PM on Monday, January 8th, 2018
- Location: Building 14 Room #601
- Number of applicants to be selected: Approximately 20
※ The above schedule is subject to change.
3. A second pre-event meeting for students participating in the overseas on-site education in Okinawa to be held by the Comparative Studies for East Asian Humanities joint major program is scheduled.
- Date: 1PM on Thursday, January 11th, 2018
- Location: Building 14 Room #610
- Pre-Event Meeting Content: A lecture on the on-site education location (Okinawa) is scheduled
- Lecturer: Professor Hun Park of the Asian History Department (guiding professor)