- College of Humanities CORE Program News for December 28th, 2017
- Date2018-01-02 16:56:30
College of Humanities CORE Program News for December 28th, 2017
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
We deeply appreciate all the support from the Humanities faculty members for the SNU CORE project in this year. The project will go through mid-evaluation in 2018 and we kindly ask for your understanding and further cooperation while we expect a slight delay in the project management. May the best health and success be yours in the New Year. Happy New Year. Thank you!
1. 2017 CORE Symposium and End of the Year Party was Held on Tuesday, December 26th. We appreciate all the support and participation.
2. The CORE Project is holding a public essay contest. Participation is encouraged and appreciated.
- Objective: The preliminary preparation for the grand prize of the 19 universities participating in the CORE Project
- Target Applicants: All recipients of financial support from the CORE Project
(The CORE scholarship, financial aid for study abroad, overseas on-site education, overseas field training, participation in academic conferences, etc.)
- Length Requirements: 5 A4 pages or less (12-point font, a maximum of 5 pictures may be attached)
- Deadline: Friday, January 5, 2018 by 18:00
- Method of Submission: E-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in-person at the CORE Project administrative office
- Contestants that make it through the qualifying round will automatically be enrolled for consideration for the grand prize. The winners of the grand prize will be granted an award by the president of NRF and the designated cash prize will be disbursed.
3. Preparations and bidding for the 2017 winter semester overseas on-site education for joint and interdisciplinary majors are underway.
- Supervising Programs: Jointly managed by the Data Science for Humanities and the Philosophy, Politics, and Economics programs
- Location: NY, USA
- Time Period: Monday, January 29th to Saturday, February 3rd, 2018 / 7 days, 5 nights
- Application Requirements
1) Students in one of the four CORE Joint and Interdisciplinary programs
2) All students enrolled in any department in the Humanities affiliated with the CORE Project
- Number of selected attendees: 20 or less
- Location and Schedule: NY, USA
◎ Seminars on business and finance, visit to UN and briefing session
◎ Meetings with startups, business incubators, and other related parties
◎ Seminars led by eminent scholars from notable academic institutions on the East
- Application Period: Wednesday, December 20th to Wednesday, December 27th, 2017, by 18:00
- Notice of Tender: Tuesday, December 26th, 2017 to Monday, January 8th, 2018, by 18:00
※ The selection schedule is subject to change.
4. Application is open for the 2017 Winter Semester Undergraduate Small Group Seminar Support.
1) Seminar groups of five or more students that include students receiving CORE Project academic grants
2) Seminar groups of more than five undergraduate students including CORE joint/interdisciplinary major students
- Support Funds: up to 300,000 won per team
- Application Period: Wednesday, December 20th to Wednesday, December 27th, 2017 by 5:00PM
- Seminar Period: Friday, December 29th, 2017 to Wednesday, January 31st, 2018
Published by the CORE Project (email@example.com)