- College of Humanities CORE Program News for December 3rd, 2018
- Date2018-12-03 17:43:50
College of Humanities CORE Program News for December 3, 2018
** Weekly or Biweekly Newsletter for Professors at the College of Humanities
1. The CORE Project's Project Lead, Project Deputy, and working employees are expected to attend the 2018 CORE Achievement Ceremony. It may be difficult to visit the office during times listed below. We ask for your understanding.
A. Date: Wednesday, December 5, ~ Friday, December 7, 2018
B. Place: Jeju KAL Hotel (151 Jungang-ro Jeju City)
C. Major Item: Briefing session on excellent achievement case presentations and comprehensive evaluation
2. The 2018 winter Integrated·Interdisciplinary Majors’ overseas on-site education (Italy) is detailed below.
A. Supervising Major: Classics and Philology Interdisciplinary Major
B. Target Applicants: students from departments participating in the CORE Project and undergraduate students in the CORE Integrated·Interdisciplinary Major
C. On-site Education Period: Friday, January 25, 2019 - Monday, February 4, 2019 (9 nights 11 days)
D. Location for On-site Education: Italy (Sicily-Rome-Siena-Firenze)
E. Application Period: Friday, November 30, 2018 ~ 5:00 PM Wednesday, December 5, 2018
F. Number of People Selected: about 20 (including tour guide)
G. There will be a bid process for selection of service company for the on-site education
3. 2019 CORE conferences are open. We ask for your support in giving students who have received various funding from the CORE Project the opportunity to share their academic achievements.
A. Target: enrolled undergraduate·masters humanities students
B. Meeting Date (Intended): Thursday, January 10, 2019
C. Meeting Place (Intended): Humanities Building 14 Room #B101
D. Registration for Presentation: Wednesday, December 3 ~ Friday, December 14, 2018
E. Announcement of Presenters: Wednesday, December 19, 2018
4. The deadline for new applications to the 2018 fall semester CORE domestic scholar guest lecture and foreign scholar guest (block) seminar support project is detailed below. For departments planning on inviting domestic or foreign guest lecturers over winter break, please refer to the official document and register by the deadline so that funding may be properly provided.
A. Target for Support: all departments in the humanities and CORE Intgrated·Interdisciplinary majors
- Domestic Scholar Guest Lecture: about 500,000 KRW (only for lecturer’s fees)
- Foreign Scholar Guest (Block) Seminar: about 5,000,000 KRW (airfare, lodging, meeting expenses, lecturer’s fees, etc.)
- Registration Deadline: 5:00 pm Friday, December 21, 2018 (Must be at least one month before the scheduled invitation date)
- Invitation Deadline: Friday, January 18, 2019
- Deadline for payment: Friday, January 25, 2019
Published by the CORE Project (firstname.lastname@example.org)